Tuesday 15 January 2008

Boards and plaster

Today I finished boarding the back wall of the mezzanine. The boards on the right are the most recently erected, and are still wet with woodworm killer. I used to love watching my Dad do stuff in his workshop, and he could do no wrong as far as I was concerned. Yet last weekend I was spraying some timbers with woodworm killer and I had to listen to a great long lecture from my 8 year old son on how the poor little woodworms have an equal right to be alive to any other creature, including me. "But I don't go eating the woodworms' houses," I muttered through gritted teeth. But at last Richard has pulled his finger out and done something worth taking a snap or two of....

He put some insulated board up around the patio doors so that looks a whole lot better....

....and this master of many trades also got the first of the new plaster up in the shower room! One ceiling down, three to go, and countless walls. Stay tuned for more exciting plastering style action in the days to come.

No comments: