Friday, 9 March 2012


The panels have been up for a week and we've made 53 units of electricity.


Matt said...

Great work and nice panels.Thinking of installing them myself but might see how your saving goes over the long-term first. Can I get any regular Cambridge electrician to install them or has the electrician got to have a special certificate for installing panels?

Hans Jenssen Illustration said...

Hi Matt, your panel installers will need MCS or ROO FIT certification to qualify for the government feed-in-tariff. The tariffs have now been halved to 21p per unit and will change again at the end of April I think when your property will need a minimum of a C grade on an energy certificate to even get the 21p tariff. If you have a south facing roof the 21p tariff will still pay back in about 10-12 years, but we have an east facing array and are relying on the government losing its final appeal in the supreme court so that we remain on the original 43p tariff. We've really taken a punt on that. Having a bad week so far with fog every morning and by the time the sun comes out its already past the apex of the roof! Never mind, it will even out. Btw, what kind of art do you do? Cheers.

Brian said...


I have a quick question about your blog, do you think you could e-mail me?