Wednesday, 13 January 2010

Finished! (And that's not a word I use lightly)

After all the painting was done, the carpet men came two days before Christmas.

As well as the painting, I put up some fitted shelves (using recycled mahogany from the old window surrounds we ripped out) to replace a cheap and nasty bookshelf from Argos, and made a door (painted to match the bedroom door) to turn some shelves into a slimline wardrobe.

Turning clockwise.... If you refer to the plan a couple of posts ago you'll see just how close the reality is to the computer simulation.

The door looks rather cool if I say so myself...

Finally the bed was reconstructed and AJ spent his first night back in his room. I think Arne's design works fabulously, and I know he'd love to hear your thoughts, so feel free to comment!

Tuesday, 12 January 2010

Turning it into Reality

After the skirting boards were replaced and painted black, the fireplace needed attention.

We used spray paint to turn it from white to black.

Lots of work was done restoring the door. It was sanded down, all the cracks and woodworm holes were filled and a nice neat wooden bead was added around all the panels. It was then primed with grey acrylic primer.

We could then paint it with gloss according to Arne's design. The walls are being painted in the background.

Here's Arne doing a fine job with the yellow.